Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke

3 posters

Go down

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Empty Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke

Post by potterymad62 March 5th 2016, 3:24 pm

Does anyone come across this pottery from Helston Cornwall. The pottery was at the St Johns Old Water Mill on the river Cober at the bottom of Sithney Common Hill Helston. All I know the studio pottery opened after WW2 ended and the pottery closed in the 1960s or early 1970s. There's not a lot of info on this pottery and pieces don't turn up often. I have only seen two for sale online over the last 10 years or so, a small vase and a plate.

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Dsc01610

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Dsc01611

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Dsc01612
potterymad62
potterymad62

Male Number of posts : 816
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Empty Re: Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke

Post by NaomiM April 17th 2019, 12:31 am

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Ce2a8410

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke D0c47710 Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke A99fb510

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31585
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Empty Re: Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke

Post by potterymad62 February 7th 2022, 6:55 pm

Picked this lovely jug up yesterday, Old Mills Pottery Helston. The Helston stamp on the base is upside down. I'm still researching for the potters and other info, no joy as yet. I'll visit the Helston Folk Museum one day and enquire, fingers crossed. Put in this post as to follow up with the other pots here..

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Pxl_2173
Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Pxl_2174
Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Pxl_2175
Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Pxl_2176
Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Pxl_2177
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Empty Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall

Post by potterymad62 September 6th 2022, 4:08 pm

I have been looking for pictures of the Old Mill Pottery at the bottom of Sithney Common Hill near the boating lake at Helston and found this today. The picture taken early 1970's, as you can see the main story is about a milk leak on the St Ivel milk tanker to the great excitement of the local smugglers gathering as much milk as they can in the bucket. Not much info on this pottery and it's owner and potters, I think the pottery was in production from the 1950's to the late 1970's.

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke 10273110
Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke 10273111
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Post by potterymad62 July 11th 2023, 5:15 pm

Further info has come to light as who owned the Old Mills Pottery in Helston. From info/sources from Nostalgic Helston FB Page: Sarah Ernie owned it and latterly Sarah and Geoff Tuke, Uny was a potter there and also Geoff, not sure if it's Geoff Tuke or another Geoff, also more info required for Uny whether it's a forename or surname and if male or female. I will update when more info surfaces.
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Post by Millie16 July 27th 2023, 5:28 pm

I will be interested in this. Bought a mug from there in 1983, still got it, still being used!

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Img-2010

Old Mills Pottery Building Helston, Cornwall, Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke Img-2012
Millie16
Millie16

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2023-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by potterymad62 July 28th 2023, 11:17 am

That's a nice mug, did you meet any students or staff with some names to them would be great apart from the owners we now know Sarah Ernie and Geoff Tuke.
potterymad62
potterymad62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum