Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery

2 posters

Go down

Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery Empty Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery

Post by Bildeborg Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:00 am

I recently purchased a lovely cane handled teapot in the Cardew/Leach style. The potter, whoever he or she was left little clue as to who made it or where it was made.

The only possible marks are the four 'spoked wheels' impressed into the clay by the handle stubs. Can some kind soul please help identify this clearly talented potter for me?

Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery Pot_612
Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery Pot_711
Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery Pot_112

Regards,

Jay.
Bildeborg
Bildeborg

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2022-06-22

Back to top Go down

Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery Empty Re: Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery

Post by NaomiM Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:04 am

Possibly Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31503
Registration date : 2012-05-16

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery Empty Re: Spoked Wheel? Mark on Teapot - Alan Pett, Harefield Pottery

Post by Bildeborg Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:54 am

I think you have got it nailed (again) Naomi, many thanks.

A quick glance on the internet shows much of Alan Pett's work and several display the very same insect as my teapot.

It reminds me so much of Cardew's dragonfly which is obviously his variation of the same. I also saw several Pett pieces again imitating Cardew's bird design which to me suggests he was heavily influenced by Cardew, both Michael & Seth.

Thanks again Naomi.

Jay.
Bildeborg
Bildeborg

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2022-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum