Brigitte Colleaux

Go down

Brigitte Colleaux Empty Brigitte Colleaux

Post by studio-pots July 3rd 2022, 3:02 pm

Brigitte was born in the French Ardennes but since I have known her, which must be over 20 years ago, she has lived in East London.

She had a "proper job" back then and used to visit the Harlequin Gallery regularly to buy pots. She was being taught pottery techniques at the time by Ray Silverman, as I remember being invited to and attending and exhibition of Ray and his students' work, somewhere in the East End.

Later she was either made redundant or took redundancy, and it was then that she decided that she wanted to take up ceramics full time. She was based at the Maze Hill Pottery in Greenwich for a year or two but more recently moved to Thames Side Studios in London SE18, where she continues to make her ceramics. However, during these later years she has wood-fired most of her work outside of London, usually in association with Svend Bayer.

Brigitte Colleaux Brigc_10

Brigitte Colleaux Brigc_11

This mug is one such example, having been fired in the kiln built by Svend at Kigbeare in Devon. The second images shows Brigitte's personal seal alongside a Kigbeare seal.

Last edited by studio-pots on July 3rd 2022, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Brigitte Colleaux Empty Re: Brigitte Colleaux

Post by studio-pots July 3rd 2022, 3:13 pm

In the autumn of 2019, which was the last time that I staged an exhibition at the Harlequin Gallery, I did include a selection of Brigitte's work, including these items.

Brigitte Colleaux Briget10

More recently Brigitte has become one of the craft potters stocked by David Mellor - Designer, manufacturer and retailer of high-quality tableware and kitchenware.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum