waistel cooper exhibition

3 posters

Go down

waistel cooper exhibition Empty waistel cooper exhibition

Post by croker December 12th 2021, 11:50 am

There is to be an exhibition of cooper's pots at the FAS in Edinburgh on Jan 14th and also in London later in the year, i am not sure if this has been arranged by the FAS or gallery space hired for the exhibition by an individual, but with the FAS name tagged to it will be sure to raise the profile of the potter, there is a catalogue available.
croker
croker

Number of posts : 675
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

waistel cooper exhibition Empty Re: waistel cooper exhibition

Post by studio-pots December 12th 2021, 1:10 pm

On the website, link below, it does mention Tim Williams, who I know and is the person with the gallery in Lynton that started the recent interest. From reading the link, it is seems to me as if Tim either found or was contacted by the person in Edinburgh with the collection and Tim approached the Fine Art Society. I know he had been wanting to stage an exhibition or exhibitions other than in his gallery to raise the profile in this way.

https://www.thefineartsociety.com/exhibitions/168-waistel-cooper-1921-2003-part-one/

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7816
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by metadadaist January 11th 2022, 12:34 am

My ears were burning again...
It's not possible to hire the FAS, but I am involved in the exhibition having written the catalogue. John is nearer the mark, I was contacted by the owner of the collection, some planets aligned and here we are.

I've spent considerable time researching Waistel's life and career and I'm delighted that Waistel is finally getting some recognition. The catalogue is a beautiful introduction to the artist's work and there will be a second catalogue with an extended essay for part 2 which will probably be in Nov/Dec.

Anyone who can't make the exhibition(s) but would like a catalogue I will send you one for free - email a postal address to tim@timwilliamsfineart.com with 'Waistel Catalogue' in the subject line. Alternatively you can request one from the FAS.
metadadaist
metadadaist

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum