Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please?

3 posters

Go down

Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please? Empty Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please?

Post by ClaraIreland2 August 21st 2021, 7:15 pm

Hello and thanks in advance for any information on these 2 tea cups. They are signed in black on the underside and have flowers painted on the exterior and interior. Can anyone help to identify the maker please? Thanks Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please? Dscn5310

Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please? Dscn5312
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please? Empty Re: Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please?

Post by SeanFordyce August 21st 2021, 7:35 pm

I think if you go through the labels section on the following site you would find it. It would take a bit of time.
If someone else narrows it down a bit, perhaps reading Japanese, then that would be faster. If nobody is able to a couple hours on this site would likely find it and you would see other things besides....
http://modernjapanesepotterymarks.blogspot.com/
SeanFordyce
SeanFordyce

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2021-07-23

Back to top Go down

Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please? Empty Re: Japanese Yunomi signed in Black Characters Identification please?

Post by ClaraIreland2 August 22nd 2021, 1:06 pm

Thank you for providing the link. Interesting site. I will keep looking. I have 2 so may just put one on ebay and see if anyone recognises it. It is very well made, kind regards C.
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots August 22nd 2021, 5:02 pm

They would have been originally sold as a pair. It's very sexist but the larger one was for the gentleman and the smaller one for the lady.

The yunomis aren't in any distinct style but done to appeal to the younger buyer.

The signatures are stylised kanji but, as with signatures in English, they are never easy to read.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum