Request for help identifying squat jar with lid

2 posters

Go down

Request for help identifying squat jar with lid Empty Request for help identifying squat jar with lid

Post by emmao'neill July 20th 2021, 12:09 pm

Hi. I would be really grateful for some help finding out a bit more about this jar I purchased a while ago from a charity shop in England. I am moving overseas and we are having to be ruthless about what we take with us.  I do love this ornament but not sure whether to take it or not.

There are no maker's marks on the bottom or inside the lid. I'm guessing it is hand painted. There is a nice contrast between the enamel paint and the rough pottery underneath and I think the design is meant to be thistles.  I dont know a lot about ceramics so any help would be appreciated.Request for help identifying squat jar with lid 16267710Request for help identifying squat jar with lid 16267712
Request for help identifying squat jar with lid 16267713
emmao'neill
emmao'neill

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-07-20

Back to top Go down

Request for help identifying squat jar with lid Empty Re: Request for help identifying squat jar with lid

Post by NaomiM July 20th 2021, 12:21 pm

I think it’s a modern Asian import. Decorative ware.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Request for help identifying squat jar with lid Empty Re: Request for help identifying squat jar with lid

Post by emmao'neill July 20th 2021, 12:22 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. Really appreciate it.
emmao'neill
emmao'neill

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum