Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin Pottery with Tiny Mark

2 posters

Go down

Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin  Pottery with Tiny Mark Empty Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin Pottery with Tiny Mark

Post by chip69 Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:05 am

Lovely Little Vessel go Very Fine Pottery and Lovely Glaze.

Tiny Mark to Side of Base - I am thinking its Japanese.

TIA

ChipJapanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin  Pottery with Tiny Mark Img_2915
Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin  Pottery with Tiny Mark Img_2917
Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin  Pottery with Tiny Mark Img_2916

Last edited by chip69 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cup not bowl)
chip69
chip69

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2019-01-10

Back to top Go down

Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin  Pottery with Tiny Mark Empty Re: Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin Pottery with Tiny Mark

Post by studio-pots Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:33 am

It does look Japanese and technically it looks like a yunomi (tea cup) rather than a chawan (tea bowl). It isn't in one of the specific style of Japanese pottery that has been made for centuries. It initially looks as if it is wood-fired and it might be but the hint of the foot ring suggests otherwise.

As with most Japanese pottery it is difficult to ascertain who made it or from what kiln it comes from unless the mark is well documented.

It is in a style that I have seen but I'm not a "mark collector!. Maybe Naomi might be more helpful on that front.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin  Pottery with Tiny Mark Empty Re: Japanese Tea Cup ? Very Fine / Thin Pottery with Tiny Mark

Post by chip69 Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:39 am

Hi Studio Pots

Thanks for taking the time to reply, its much appreciated.

I am not holding my breath for an ID, I have had it for years and when I was posting some other things this morning I saw a positive id on a Japanese pot so thought I would throw this one out there somewhat hopefully!

Kind Regards

Chip
chip69
chip69

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2019-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum