Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W

4 posters

Go down

Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W Empty Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W

Post by Sugarthief1978 June 23rd 2021, 6:34 pm

Hello! Can anyone please help finding out the maker of this lovely large umbrella stand (not sure if that's what it is but it's what I am using it for!) It weighs a ton! Laughter
I know it says Ironstone at the bottom but the words above I cannot read for the life of me! It's not my eyes or my photos.. it really is very hard to read (tried magnifying glass etc) it's just not clear at all! Thought an expert eye might know!
Any help very much appreciated!
Thank you!
Sugarthief1978
Sugarthief1978

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-05-21

Back to top Go down

Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W Empty Re: Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W

Post by Sugarthief1978 June 23rd 2021, 6:36 pm

Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W 20210624
Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W 20210625
Sugarthief1978
Sugarthief1978

Back to top Go down

Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W Empty Re: Blue & White Umberella Stand - modern Chinese copy of Staffordshire B&W

Post by denbydump June 23rd 2021, 7:08 pm

Might it say Victoria china?
I have a feeling it may be modern.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7225
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 23rd 2021, 7:11 pm

Gut reaction is it's a modern Asian copy

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31532
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad June 25th 2021, 8:18 am

Second the above, quite a few of these are knocking about. They look good when seen from 20 paces at the local boot, but as already pointed out, modern and not that finely made.
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2021-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugarthief1978 August 4th 2021, 7:54 pm

Thanks everyone! For some reason I didnt get any notifications of these replies... . Even though a modern import I am still happy with it for the use I got it for! :)
I just love to know origins etc.so I am happy I know now also! ☺
Thanks very much for your help!
Sugarthief1978
Sugarthief1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum