Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help

2 posters

Go down

Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help Empty Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help

Post by Roobarb June 13th 2021, 12:06 pm

Hello, I hope this is OK to post here as I know the ID of these pieces, but was hoping for some help understanding when they might be from. They are Bordallo Pinheiro orange cups and saucers, the stamps are all quite faded and the handles of the saucers is grey - most of the ones I can find only are green. Any ideas on how to date would be much appreciated. Thank you

Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help Img_8512
Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help Img_8511
Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help Img_8510
Roobarb
Roobarb

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2020-07-03

Back to top Go down

Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help Empty Re: Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help

Post by SpoonLicker June 13th 2021, 2:11 pm

BP is quite hard to date. The older ones have an incised base mark rather than a printed one.
SpoonLicker
SpoonLicker

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help Empty Re: Bordallo Pinheiro Orange Cup & Saucer Date Help

Post by Roobarb June 18th 2021, 4:09 pm

Sorry for delay! Thank you for your reply, I had read about the incised mark but as you say it seems otherwise hard to date :) I think these have a bit of age to them, due to crazing and wear.
Roobarb
Roobarb

Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2020-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum