Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this.

2 posters

Go down

Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Empty Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this.

Post by abstract*toad June 5th 2021, 8:31 pm

Bought this with the other I recently listed. I did not see it in person, an impulse buy online, rushed condition report.... I (wrongly) thought it may have been Minton's. I believe it is late 20th century, no idea of the maker. Possibly Maw?
Unlike the other I've listed, I believe this was meant to be for the table it was once a part of, until whoever removed the legs.
Had I been told it was once a table I would not have bid, but I cannot say I'm full of regret, it is stunning.
I'll be grateful for any thoughts on it, I am guessing and cannot comment on it with any certainty.
Any help appreciated, thank you.

Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Img_2273
Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Img_2272
Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Img_2274
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2021-04-23

Back to top Go down

Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Empty Re: Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this.

Post by abstract*toad June 5th 2021, 8:34 pm

And a few more photos.
80+ cm's and incredibly heavy. Most certainly a wall breaker!!!

Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Img_2275
Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Img_2277
Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Img_2276
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this. Empty Re: Another panel,. Please can I get your thoughts on this.

Post by philpot June 5th 2021, 9:09 pm

Not so interesting as your first one. Could have been done by any number of studio modern studio potters. Why make a very heavy framed piece out of something that is crying out to be tiled on to a bathroom wall!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6444
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad June 5th 2021, 9:53 pm

I really like it, but yes, totally different kettle of fish to the other 😉
I saw it in a completely different light online. Having said that, it was a rushed purchase and my eyes aren't great.
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot June 6th 2021, 4:56 am

The problem with terrestrial auctions being online only is very much the quality of the photos! As we all know, ceramics can look very different in varying light conditions, and actual sheer qualaity of the photo.
I like this piece as well. Its just it less mysterious and romantic than the previous one!
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6444
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by abstract*toad June 6th 2021, 5:30 am

Very true Phil, nicely put 😁
abstract*toad
abstract*toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum