Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark

3 posters

Go down

Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark   Empty Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark

Post by benwilliams May 25th 2021, 5:11 pm

Stoneware tea bowl, dripping glaze in brown, green & blue.
Mark is impressed or probably incised - WA 4
Well made but maybe student or hobby potter? Base nothing fancy.
Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark   6faf7d10
Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark   6511bd10
Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark   De51f110
benwilliams
benwilliams

Number of posts : 2316
Registration date : 2017-12-27

Back to top Go down

Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark   Empty Re: Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark

Post by philpot May 25th 2021, 5:20 pm

An assortment of letters and numbers often tends to be a potter making notes on glazes and designs for themselves. The market for Yunomis does tend to be very much of by well known individual potters. Without a recognised mark and to lesser extent style, the piece is not going to have much of a market.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6427
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark   Empty Re: Studio yunomi , dripping glaze, WA mark

Post by benwilliams May 25th 2021, 6:21 pm

I know but I couldn’t help but bring it home, if only for a little while. I tend to sell lots of cheaper bits and a few more expensive pieces when I find them. Probably much harder work than just selling top end work.
benwilliams
benwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot May 25th 2021, 8:20 pm

The problem with selling on Ebay is differentiation. There are 20,000+ other bits of studio pottery that are competing for everyone's attention. How are you sourcing your stock? If its Car Boots and charity shops then you expending a great deal of time sorting the wheat from the chaff.
Do you bid in proper auctions? There is a lot of stuff in Devon and Cornish auctions that does not achieve such high prices as up country. The Penzance auctions like David Lay and Barbara Tribe often have a whole load of Leach variety stuff that goes relatively cheap. 'Relative' being the apposite word.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6427
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by benwilliams May 25th 2021, 9:00 pm

Thanks for the advice. I could do with exploring the auctions a bit further afield.
benwilliams
benwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 25th 2021, 9:13 pm

Nice shape but messy glaze and incised mark point to it being a glaze test or hobby potter.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31535
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum