Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers)

2 posters

Go down

Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) Empty Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers)

Post by Silver Pete May 22nd 2021, 6:24 am

I need a hand identifying the maker of this well made goblet. The mark is very clear (for a change!), but I cant find it in any of my books. It appears as a lower case b but with extension into a cross. I include a close up Blutack impression to help, though this will be a mirror image of course. Many thanks for any ideas.

Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) P1120914
Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) P1120913
Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) 1f600 
Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) P1120911
Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) P1120911
Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) P1120912

Last edited by NaomiM on September 12th 2022, 12:42 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : more pics)
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Male Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2021-03-18

Back to top Go down

Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) Empty Re: Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers)

Post by NaomiM May 22nd 2021, 1:04 pm

I've come across the mark before, sometimes with a hand stamp. It's similar to David Rogers' mark in the Book but back to front. Rogers is now at Vinegar Hill Pottery; worth dropping him an email

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) Empty Re: Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers)

Post by Silver Pete May 22nd 2021, 4:53 pm

Thanks for that, I'll look at his work and mark and see if its a match. Which book is it in ?, I only have Yates-Owen 2nd edition(3rd edition looks like going on the Christmas list!).
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM May 22nd 2021, 6:07 pm

3rd edn.

Goblet with an unidentified rd or dr mark (not David Rogers) 65404110

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Pete May 23rd 2021, 5:36 am

I've got to get that 3rd edition!! It looks very much like the mark but In mirror image, identical to the Blutack. Why might that be? Is it the mark or just one like it?? Very strange. Thanks again for your assistance Naomi.
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Pete June 2nd 2021, 8:26 pm

NaomiM wrote:I've come across the mark before, sometimes with a hand stamp. It's similar to David Rogers' mark in the Book but back to front. Rogers is now at Vinegar Hill Pottery; worth dropping him an email
I have been in touch with Vinegar Hill Pottery. They have had a look and declared it NOT one of theirs. Oh well, I suppose the search goes on. How very strange that someone should adopt a mark that is almost a perfect mirror image of David Rogers mark.
Silver Pete
Silver Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM June 2nd 2021, 9:24 pm

Very pleased they replied. Oh well, back to the drawing board. One piece came from Ireland so I wonder if it’s an Irish potter

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum