Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft

3 posters

Go down

Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Empty Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft

Post by Hierocles November 27th 2020, 12:44 am

I have a pair of industrial design aluminum candlestick holders and I am trying to identify the age and the maker. They are 5 1/4" tall. The round base measures 3 1/2" across and has a brass plate between the base and the stem and another brass collar between the stem and the top piece. The 'mushroom' top measures roughly 2 1/2" across. One has a very small ding on the mushroom top but otherwise both pieces are in very good condition. Only one is marked 'Alicraft' in script. It also has a logo but it has a hole drilled through it and a nut over it so I can't tell what it was. The only information I have found about 'Alicraft' Aluminum is they made aluminum boats.Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Alicra10
Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Alicra12
Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Alicra11
Hierocles
Hierocles

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Empty Re: Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft

Post by Hierocles November 27th 2020, 12:46 am

Pictures of the bottom and the name.Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Alicra13
Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Alicra14
Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Alicra15
Hierocles
Hierocles

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-05-19

Back to top Go down

Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft  Empty Re: Pair of Aluminum Industrial Candle Holders, Alicraft

Post by Grumpy Grandad November 27th 2020, 4:54 pm

Alicraft are still in business so you could e-mail them and see if they can help.
It's possible that they were made out of spare boat parts in an employee's spare time rather than being official Alicraft products, or maybe even the owner of an old boat that was damaged, using pieces salvaged prior to scrapping it.
Thinking about it, as the company is in B.C., Canada, and you're way down in California, it seems unlikely that an employee's project would find its way down to you, so I'd lean towards either the owner of a wrecker or maybe an 'up-cycler' who salvages pieces to turn into something useful for re-sale.
Very nice candlesticks, though.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by carolalev November 27th 2020, 5:12 pm

I was wondering that too. The logo could be a centurion helmet - and one of their boat names is Centurion.
carolalev
carolalev

Number of posts : 284
Registration date : 2019-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum