Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan

2 posters

Go down

Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Empty Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan

Post by Desert Collector February 20th 2020, 3:14 am

Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Img_3610
Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Img_3610
Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Img_3612
Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Img_3611

Any help with identifying the maker of this piece? I don't expect the right mark to be read but perhaps someone can identify the left mark or has seen a piece similar?

Thank you
Desert Collector
Desert Collector

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2017-11-06

Back to top Go down

Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Empty Re: Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan

Post by Desert Collector February 20th 2020, 3:16 pm

I thought that I would update in case anyone is interested or if anyone in the future might find this post useful. I asked around more on the internet and was told that the mark on the vase (青竜) translates to Blue Dragon. A photo of a similar piece was found which had a sticker 青竜窯 (seiryū gama) that translates to Seiryu kiln. I will attempt to included a screenshot of the found item with sticker.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b409794474#enlargeimg
Desert Collector
Desert Collector

Back to top Go down

Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Empty Re: Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan

Post by NaomiM February 20th 2020, 4:08 pm

Most Excellent I'll update the title.
It looks like Japanese shigaraki or iga ware, but there are US studio potters with kanji style stamps so I wasn't sure.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31542
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Desert Collector February 21st 2020, 12:12 am

Modern Asian Vase with 2 Stamped Marks - Blue Dragon, Seiryu kiln, Japan Screen10

Screenshot of the auction photos.
Desert Collector
Desert Collector

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum