Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio

4 posters

Go down

Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Empty Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio

Post by Looloo January 12th 2020, 5:15 pm

This mark is on a child's tea set.  I was told the set belonged to my grandmother (b 1891) but I can't find any information online about the maker's mark. Can anyone help me locate the origin of this mark?  Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Paliss10
Looloo
Looloo

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2020-01-12

Back to top Go down

Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Empty Re: Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio

Post by denbydump January 13th 2020, 11:28 am

can we have some more pictures of the set itself?
Despite the name, it may not be British, maybe Czech.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7236
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Empty Photo of child's tea set with Palissy China mark

Post by Looloo January 13th 2020, 6:48 pm

Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Smalle11
Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Set_4011

I've included a photo of the tea set.  There are 6 plates, 2 saucers, 1 cup, sugar bowl and tea pot.  Silverware also.  i included a regular teaspoon in the photo to illustrate the sizes.  The plates are 4 ½ inches. The plate on the left has turned a brownish color and the rest are white.  The maker's mark is only on the teapot, sugar bowl and one plate.  The rest have no markings.

Last edited by Looloo on January 13th 2020, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not sure if my explanation is included?)
Looloo
Looloo

Back to top Go down

Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio Empty Re: Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China, East Liverpool, Ohio

Post by NaomiM January 13th 2020, 7:22 pm

The maker’s mark looks like V&B or B&V. I suspect Palissy is the pattern rather than the Staffordshire Pottery of the same name

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump January 13th 2020, 9:59 pm

Villeroy & Boch maybe?
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7236
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 13th 2020, 10:05 pm

denbydump wrote:Villeroy & Boch maybe?

I had a look but couldnt find this stamp amongst the list

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Grandad January 14th 2020, 5:14 pm

It's an American maker. Palissey China was the company name, operated by Jabez Vodrey in East Liverpool, Ohio, from 1858-1928.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Looloo January 18th 2020, 4:01 pm

Thank you for helping me identify the maker's mark on the tea set. It helped me to do some further research on the china company Vodrey & Brother (V&B), Palissy China from East Liverpool, Ohio.
Looloo
Looloo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Grandad January 18th 2020, 4:21 pm

Glad I could help.
Grumpy Grandad
Grumpy Grandad

Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2019-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum