Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace

2 posters

Go down

Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace  Empty Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace

Post by ClaraIreland2 February 7th 2019, 3:30 pm

I found these plates in a job lot of pottery and they are a complete mystery to me. I wonder if anyone can give me some pointers as to their origin and age. The are earthenware with a yellow rim. The style reminds me of large rustic cream bowls. Your guidance much appreciated

Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace  Dscn2712
Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace  Dscn2710
Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace  Dscn2711
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace  Empty Re: Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace

Post by touchdry February 7th 2019, 3:51 pm

My tupence worth is that they are a slightly more sophisticated (perhaps more modern - leaning towards the tourist trade) French Alsace ... they do terracotta with Yellow and dark colours ... google it and you will find one or two of their leaf designs might be vaguely as 'tight' as these ones ... Um...
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace  Empty Re: Rustic? Earthenware Plates - French Alsace

Post by ClaraIreland2 February 8th 2019, 12:58 pm

Thank you so much for your advice. I am going to take at look at these sites. many many thanks
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaraIreland2 February 28th 2019, 11:50 am

I have looked at many of the sites and undoubtedly touchdry you are right. Mystery solved, many thanks
ClaraIreland2
ClaraIreland2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum