Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple

2 posters

Go down

Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Empty Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple

Post by royalssu December 15th 2018, 12:29 am

I have been asking a facebook group about this heavy pottery piece but have yet to hear back so I will post it here for hopefully a yes to it being Byron Temple but am prepared for a no it is not. There are 2 marks on the pot which I have pics of but one is really not readable but the other is the question. The mark is just off a little from the limited examples I have seen. If it is not Temple, does anyone recognize the maker of this piece? I have a ton of items that remain mystery pieces so I will post a few at a time.

Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Byron11
Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Byron211
Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Heavy411
Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Bottom10
royalssu
royalssu

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Empty Re: Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple

Post by NaomiM December 15th 2018, 12:46 am

He/she did stamp their pots twice; sometimes with the same mark, sometimes with a pottery’s mark. The later ones were square but I have one of their early pots and it’s more of a circle. But their mark is normally aligned, whereas yours looks rotated. The only way to be sure is to find another of their pots made in the same style

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31479
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple Empty Re: Curious if this Mark is Byron Temple

Post by royalssu December 15th 2018, 12:52 am

The bottom doesn't look right either but I have not seen a wide variety of examples, I agree with your assessment though.
royalssu
royalssu

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum