Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE

2 posters

Go down

Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE Empty Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE

Post by touchdry October 21st 2018, 4:31 pm

Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE Gebe110
Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE Gebe210
Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE Gebe310

Evening potty people ... please help me on this.

This is a 7" high by 7" diameter vase with what looks like a wax resist type trail that has covered the vase like a maze. The decorator seems to be named MORIN and has signed it. The base has a number of marks:
1. Gebe (or is it Gele) ... could that be the name of the style as in Gele for frosty ... or something.
2. What appears to be CAB or GAB
then 3. a number .... possibly 10
Finally 4. FRANCE ... I think this vase was made in FRANCE ...!

I have trawled google with as many variations on GEBE GELE GEBER GELER GETE, .... AAARGH!
... and I have found nothing! If the decorator is MORIN then he or she comes from a good French ceramic decorator family dating back to before the Revolution ... but no modern MORINs.

Is there anyone here who can shed ant light to this?

Thanks for being there ...

Last edited by touchdry on October 21st 2018, 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE Empty Re: Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE

Post by Pottyal October 21st 2018, 5:28 pm

Could be this pottery CERAMIQUE D'ART DE BORDEAUX CAB on the base of yours says cab
Pottyal
Pottyal

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2018-10-15

Back to top Go down

Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE Empty Re: Vase marked GEBE and decorator MORIN - FELIX GETE

Post by touchdry October 21st 2018, 5:34 pm

BINGO! ... It leads straight to Felix GETE!!

Thats brilliant ... Pottyal thank you so much ... you have made an old man happy! All I have to do now is to see who he associated with professionally ... if I find the MORin I'll let you kno.

THanks for the quick work!
touchdry
touchdry

Male Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pottyal October 21st 2018, 5:54 pm

No problem, glad to help. Some of their vases depending on the artist go for a lot of money I do hope you've got one of them. Perhaps research the name Mozin/Mosin/Morin. Hope this helps
Pottyal
Pottyal

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2018-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum