Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark

2 posters

Go down

Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark Empty Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark

Post by Clarehelen July 11th 2018, 6:48 pm

Hello again,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help identify who made this Italian bowl. It is an unusual boat shape with a tree painted on the inside. The upper side has a slightly textured glaze while the underside has a glossy glaze.
The base is marked '2928 Hand Painted Italy' with a red flower above. I estimate it dates to the 1950s/60s. It is well made and painted and unlike any other pieces I have managed to track down.
It measures 13.5" long by 3.5" deep.
Any ideas gratefully received!

Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark P1450013
Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark P1450014
Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark P1450011
Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark P1450010
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Female Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2016-06-09

Back to top Go down

Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark Empty Re: Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark

Post by NaomiM July 11th 2018, 9:49 pm

I think it’s the ‘flower painter’ mark: Ceramica il Quadrifoglio, Florence

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark Empty Re: Unusual Italian Bowl with Unidentified flower Mark

Post by Clarehelen July 11th 2018, 10:56 pm

Hi Naomi, I did wonder about that but wasn't sure because the flower in the mark is coloured and a different shape, the design of the bowl seems different and the glaze seems different to the other flower painter pieces I've seen? I'll have another search to see if I can come up with any more flower painter pieces that are closer to this and report back. Thanks, Clare
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarehelen July 19th 2018, 5:52 pm

I've managed to find a couple of dishes with this design in Pinterest - described as Raymor:
Vintge Mid Century Art Pottery Raymor Italy Handpainted Ashtray with Tree SIGNED
Vintage Mid-Century Modern RAYMOR POTTERY ITALY Dish Ashtray

I know Raymor was an import company that worked with a number of Italian manufacturers, so it doesn't necessarily indicate who made this, but it is a step nearer.

I've also found this shape associated with Raymor and described as a scoop shaped bowl. Bitossi used this shape but their designs were completely different, so not them.
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM July 19th 2018, 6:00 pm

I think Raymor is the wholesaler rather than the manufacturer, because Bitossi (amongst others) is sometimes described as ‘made by Bitossi for Raymor’ and then was stocked by various stores in Europe and the US

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarehelen July 20th 2018, 9:57 am

Hi Naomi, thanks for the info. I appreciate that various companies in Italy and other countries provided wares for distribution by Raymor. I'll keep look to see if I can find anything similar attributed to an actual manufacturer.
Clarehelen
Clarehelen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum