An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky

2 posters

Go down

An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky Empty An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky

Post by LEGSY July 3rd 2018, 10:44 am

Here i have an unusual jug i have no clues around its manufacture but feel it has some age and would love to have any information or ideas regarding it, I can only say i see some similarities to Buckley Slip ware as in it is made in a clay i think and it seems to be of good age maybe around the start of the 20th century it measures 8" tall and 5" wide approx and is of medium weight and construction. Than you for lookingAn old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky P1010217
An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky P1010219
An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky P1010218
LEGSY
LEGSY

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2017-02-19

Back to top Go down

An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky Empty Re: An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky

Post by NaomiM July 3rd 2018, 1:19 pm

late 19thC 'Ladybird' pattern by Moravian potter Paul Wranitzky. Also used by Aller Vale and Watcombe which is why its often misattributed to those Torquay ware potteries

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky Empty Re: An old green jug with ladybird pattern - Paul Wranitzky

Post by LEGSY July 4th 2018, 11:10 pm

Hi There,
Thank you NaomiM such a concise reply i have been able to find out a great deal from a very useful website about the man's life very interesting story i can see very easily how this would be mistaken for Torquay ware. I have not been able to find this pattern or jug as yet and i am a thinking it maybe an earlish piece as it is a lighter shade of green than the pieces i have seen so far.
Thanks again
LEGSY
LEGSY

Male Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2017-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum