Who made this?

4 posters

Go down

Who made this? Empty Who made this?

Post by Trumpet March 1st 2018, 2:30 am

Greetings,
For the past 40 or so years, my mother has been collecting pottery, usually small studio stuff.  Anyway, she's now begun to "unload" it on my sisters and I.  Any guesses who made this?  Thanks so much...

Who made this? E73dO3b

Who made this? Fdc50c10 Who made this? 3b93bf10 Who made this? 2642e910 Who made this? 06e2b910 Who made this? A616ff10 Who made this? 863ce410
Trumpet
Trumpet

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-02-28

Back to top Go down

Who made this? Empty Re: Who made this?

Post by NaomiM March 1st 2018, 2:49 am

Welcome to the forum. We don’t give valuations so I’ve removed that reference from for query, although I will say that an unidentifiable pot is of decorative value only.
I’ve reloaded your photos here as thumbnails so they’re easier to see. I haven’t seen any marks or signatures on your photos, so I’m assuming the potter didn’t mark it. Unfortunately that will make it very difficult to ID unless someone has the same pot.

[

Last edited by NaomiM on August 23rd 2020, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by philpot March 1st 2018, 6:43 am

Naomi is right as always. Over the past 60 years there have been thousands of competent potters who could produce work such as this. Many just used a sticky label for identification, and that soon disappeared. Impossible to say who it is, without a specific mark, as it is so generic.
People collect studio pottery because it is cheap, but also usually incredibly well made, and a pleasure to have a lovely decorative item made by hand. Its a nice piece, and your mother has very good taste.
But...... Of all the studio potters there have been, only a very small proportion are worth anything.
philpot
philpot

Number of posts : 6396
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 1st 2018, 11:09 am

If & when you know the potter then check completed listings on ebay for an idea of value. Unsold listings means the seller has over priced their pot.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots March 2nd 2018, 4:02 pm

You could ask your mother if she remembers where she might have bought it or if local to you in Maryland then you could do an internet search for say "Maryland pottery" and similar searches, which might bring a result.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum