It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas?

2 posters

Go down

It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? Empty It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas?

Post by bluenote Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 am

Strange little piece but I had to have itIt looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? 20171113
It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? 20171111
It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? 20171110
It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? 20171112
. Almost art deco shaping with a psychedelic glaze. Was it a candle stick perhaps? A vase (as it would hold a single stem)? A black magic chalice? Don't think it was an eye rinse but you never know. No marks. Approx 6" high.
Any ideas? Thanks
bluenote
bluenote

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-10-10

Back to top Go down

It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? Empty Re: It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas?

Post by bluenote Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:26 am

It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? 20171114
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas? Empty Re: It looks like it should have been part of an art deco set.....any ideas?

Post by NaomiM Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:50 am

The glaze looks like Vallauris to me. Sometimes found on German pieces too but I'd expect the clay to be darker. But I could be wrong :D

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31475
Registration date : 2012-05-16

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by bluenote Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:25 am

NaomiM wrote:The glaze looks like Vallauris to me. Sometimes found on German pieces too but I'd expect the clay to be darker. But I could be wrong :D

Yes I can see where you are coming from on the glaze but with no marks its difficult to attribute unless someone has seem one before or can defintively say what it is as its got ne baffled
bluenote
bluenote

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 am

Unfortunately they went through a phase of just sticking labels on, rather than signing them. Possibly 1970s era

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31475
Registration date : 2012-05-16

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum