Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery

4 posters

Go down

Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery Empty Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery

Post by seandux Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi All.  Hope someone can help by either id-ing this piece or point me in the right direction for more research.  Found in West Yorkshire I think (but could be completely wrong and am happy to be corrected) a piece of mid-century Italy pottery.  Marked on the base with the usual Italy marks - numbers and ITALY.  The numbers are V (or R) 321 /15.  I'm pretty sure the 15 refers to the size of the vase - it's 15 cms tall.  Decorated in alternating hoops of brown and an off-white with a sgraffito type of pattern running vertically down the sides from top to bottom.  I have seen on some web sites that Bitossi did sometimes mark their pieces in a similar style (letter followed by numbers / number) but I'm a complete novice when it comes to Italian pottery.  As said it measures 15 cm tall x 10 cm in diameter at the rim and weighs just over 630 gm.  Any help would be much appreciated.

FULL VIEW

Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery Ialy%20vase%201_zpsl3zbmlji

CLOSE UP OF SGRAFFITO PATTERN

Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery Italy%20vase%202_zpsnru7y8ks

MARK ON BASE

Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery Italy%20vase%203_zpsfkt22trw
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery Empty Re: Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery

Post by Johners2000 Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:54 pm

The decoration in Sgraffito, the colour and the style of marks looks a lot like Bitossi. Late 50s early 60s in date.
Johners2000
Johners2000

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2017-01-04

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery Empty Re: Can anyone help id (date & maker) of this piece of Italian pottery

Post by NaomiM Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Agreed, c.1960s Bitossi

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31473
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Johners2000 Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 pm

I think the style decoration is Bitossi 'Seta' could be as early as the 1950s.
Johners2000
Johners2000

Number of posts : 500
Registration date : 2017-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex_s Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Bitossi, but the decor is called 'Pettinato' - similar to Seta.
Alex_s
Alex_s

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2010-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum