Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA

3 posters

Go down

Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Empty Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA

Post by carlyoung March 16th 2017, 6:05 pm

Hi all

I bought this bowl today and am looking for a little help identifying the pottery , I think it should be findable as the quality of the bowl is quite good , very light and finely potted bowl with what looks like an SR mark on the base.

approx. 17 or 18 cm's in diameter

Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Sam_8610Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Sam_8611Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Sam_8612
carlyoung
carlyoung

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2010-11-15

Back to top Go down

Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Empty Re: Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA

Post by carlyoung March 16th 2017, 6:06 pm

More pictures

Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Sam_8613Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Sam_8614Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Sam_8615
carlyoung
carlyoung

Back to top Go down

Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA Empty Re: Lovely bowl with SR mark - Sarah Russell, Vermont, USA

Post by carlyoung March 18th 2017, 9:17 pm

I guess this could be another mystery of which I seem to hold quite a talent at finding.

I thought with the piece being so finely and well made it would be recognised but there you go.

could it be a Sarah Perry piece with a variation of her mark?
carlyoung
carlyoung

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 18th 2017, 10:41 pm

Not found it yet. It does look a bit like her mark but I'm not sure why she'd have an R not a P

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31474
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mordeep March 19th 2017, 9:53 am

There is a English studio artist that uses SR as a stamp, Simon Rich (Narberth pottery). Could be an early or unusual item by him.
Mordeep
Mordeep

Male Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2015-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM March 4th 2018, 4:47 pm

By Sarah Russell, Vermont -

http://sarahrussellpottery.com/galleries/tree-series/

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31474
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum