German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help

2 posters

Go down

German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Empty German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help

Post by stardust* May 14th 2016, 2:39 pm

10 inches tall, cobalt salt glaze stoneware. Decorated with (not by) winged goddess looking women. It's stamped 664 and looks like an incised 7 or L
I'm really having trouble finding anything with this design on the web. I bought it on a car boot browse and it caught my eye. I asked but there was no info to be gained from the seller.
Could anyone tell me if it's likely to be German and a rough age....in fact anything please.

German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Img_3410
German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Img_3411
German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Img_3412
German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Img_3413
stardust*
stardust*

Female Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2015-06-29

Back to top Go down

German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Empty Re: German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help

Post by dantheman May 14th 2016, 4:44 pm

its Westerwald Saltglazed stoneware but they copied the same designs for centuries to without a makers mark it's hard to tell.
I would say mid 20th Century

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15424
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help Empty Re: German/Belgian Salt Glazed Jug Winged Goddess Design. ID Help

Post by stardust* May 14th 2016, 9:53 pm

Thank you, maybe a fortunate find. It's very striking, the cobalt is gorgeous...in fact I also bought a Hubert Krumeich-Remy Cobalt vase for myself at the same boot sale, quite unlike my usual fancies but I think sometimes you see a beauty and that's all it takes....
This one is not really going to stay with me long, many thanks for identifying it for me..I was getting nowhere.
stardust*
stardust*

Female Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2015-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum