Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture

4 posters

Go down

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Empty Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture

Post by seandux February 3rd 2016, 8:32 am

Hi.  Recently found in the North West of England has anyone any ideas about this mother & Child sculpture.  Measures 20 cms high x 17 cms in length x 12 cms wide and weighs 1.7 kgs.  Marked on the back MM 92 2/10 (I think the 92 2/10 refers to year and date of make i.e. 2nd Oct 1992).  If anyone could help identify who MM is it would be much appreciated.  I suspect a local North West artist.  Thanks

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Statue%201%20small_zpsntzy52fo

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Statue%202%20small_zpsqbgn5czu

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Statue%203%20small_zpsaloub2fe

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Statue%204%20small_zpsuyfea69r
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Empty Re: Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture

Post by NaomiM February 3rd 2016, 9:40 am

What is it made out of? If it's stoneware I'll move it into ID My Pottery

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31492
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture Empty Re: Small 'Mother & Child' cubist, origami, Sculpture

Post by seandux February 3rd 2016, 2:18 pm

It's really hard to tell as it has the same uniform grey covering all surface (including the base). Where the grey has been missed (in very very small areas) the underlying material looks white. It has a rough texture finish all over but the texture does not feel sharp but smooth. Very dense and heavy so I'm 99% sure it's solid. I've tried to scratch a little on the underside of the base but the material is really so dense it's very difficult to make any mark. Any suggestions?
seandux
seandux

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM February 3rd 2016, 2:25 pm

It might be reconstituted stone - resin mixed with powdered rock.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31492
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by denbydump February 3rd 2016, 2:46 pm

Maybe number 2 of a Ltd edition of 10.
denbydump
denbydump
Consultant
Consultant

Number of posts : 7219
Registration date : 2014-06-01

http://www.magicfabric.magix.net/public/

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots February 14th 2016, 11:05 am

It will be 2 from an edition of 10.

I've looked through my Dictionary of Artists in Britain since 1945 and can't find a sculptor with those initials that fits.

The style is harking back for 1992 and therefore derivative so it is unlikely to be someone with a significant reputation. Having said that, it is something that I would have bought if I'd seen it and I didn't think it was expensive.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7817
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum