Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle

2 posters

Go down

Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle Empty Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle

Post by pnkmrtini22 November 30th 2014, 3:42 pm

This creamer has a very nice koi pond scene with a serpent handle. It has a matte blue and white finish. It measures about 3" wide and 3.5" tall. It is very light. I think it is porcelain. The bottom is marked with "1749" or "1149."

This has been in my family for years. My great great aunt had an antique shop out of her garage in the small town of Lyons, Wisconsin. Inside this creamer was her business card and a note on the back that says this piece was never in her shop and she thought it was Jasperware or Wedgwood. I do not think it is, so what IS it?

Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle 20141113
Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle 20141112
Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle 20141114
pnkmrtini22
pnkmrtini22

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-19

Back to top Go down

Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle Empty Re: Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle

Post by NaomiM November 30th 2014, 3:58 pm

It might be 1949. Not Wedgwood or similar 19thCentury pottery as they used moulds in which the decoration was impressed in white clay and then fixed on a blue clay body (the sprigged method). The body of this one looks moulded into two pieces and fixed together and then a blue slip brushed over the top.
Doesn't strike me as British or European so I suspect it's American.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31471
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle Empty Re: Blue/White Creamer with Koi Pond Scene and Serpent Handle

Post by NaomiM November 30th 2014, 4:06 pm

To add i think the mark is a pattern number rather than a date. Could be 1920-30s or even 1900s Art Nouveau

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31471
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum