Does Anyone recognize this hallmark? Portugal? Spain?

2 posters

Go down

Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? Empty Does Anyone recognize this hallmark? Portugal? Spain?

Post by Art Lover August 17th 2014, 6:57 pm

Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? <a href=Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? Portug10" />Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? <a href=Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? Portug11" />
Just bought a pair of these each numbered and marked with this logo.  Does anyone recognize it?  I thought that they might be Portuguese or Spanish, but can't find the logo anywhere.  Thanks!
Art Lover
Art Lover

Male Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-01-23

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? Empty Re: Does Anyone recognize this hallmark? Portugal? Spain?

Post by NaomiM August 17th 2014, 7:00 pm

Beautiful pot. It looks transfer printed and coloured in. Possibly 19th or early 20th Century, but last time I had a pierced pot the holes were black. This looks like new or recently cleaned.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31472
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone recognize this hallmark?  Portugal? Spain? Empty Re: Does Anyone recognize this hallmark? Portugal? Spain?

Post by Art Lover August 17th 2014, 8:29 pm

Thanks Naomi, Definitely transfer printed and hand colored. My interest piqued because of the hand numbering, thinking that they may be more special because of it. What country would you guess they're from?
Art Lover
Art Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM August 17th 2014, 8:37 pm

My first thought was Staffordshire, 19th Century, but the exotic birds and the mark make me think French or Portugal.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31472
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Lover August 17th 2014, 9:05 pm

At least it's marked and I'll find out someday! I've found so many great pieces that aren't marked and I'm sure I'll go to my grave without finding the maker, but I love pottery and glass so much that it doesn't matter!
Art Lover
Art Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum