Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds

2 posters

Go down

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Empty Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds

Post by Susi August 1st 2014, 6:36 pm

I have had this vase for over a year now, posted it at Collectors Weekly seeking ID help, and thus far, have learned nothing about it.  So I was delighted to find this forum and hope someone here can tell me more.  It has a gorgeous crackle finish, and a pale gray round shadow behind the ducks, with a meandering outline of clouds that encircles the vase. It measures 12 1/4 inches tall and about 5 1/4 inches at the widest body part, just below the gold rimmed opening. Marked on the bottom Japan with additional Japanese or Chinese characters.  

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds <a href=Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Dsc01314" />

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds <a href=Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Dsc01310" />

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds <a href=Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Dsc01313" />

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds <a href=Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Dsc01311" />

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds <a href=Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Dsc01312" />
Susi
Susi

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Empty Re: Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds

Post by NaomiM August 1st 2014, 7:46 pm

If you're on Facebook it's worth posting it on the Collecting Japanese Ceramics Group where there are Japanese speakers who can translate the mark.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31481
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds Empty Re: Japanese Crackle Finish Vase with Ducks and Moon Shadow with Clouds

Post by Susi August 1st 2014, 10:31 pm

I did not know about his group, so thank you. Will post there!
Susi
Susi

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum