Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan

3 posters

Go down

Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Empty Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan

Post by lorrgeno Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:24 am

Today was a great day for thrifting and one of the items , well two are these small porcelain ginger jars.
The stout one is way off kilter no matter which way you look at the piece...kind of warped, wobbly .
They design seems hand painted and also very crude. There is no mark on either little piece.
I'm guessing 1960s and they might have had a sticker that came off...or circa 1990s dollar store because they are made so poorly and they have no crazing at all
Anyone?
Both are under 5" to the finials...no matter, I think they are charmin. This is the kind of stuff my grandmother had.
My three cats are dying to swat them off a table :-)
Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Img_2710
Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Img_2711
Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Img_2712
Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Img_2713

Thanks for looking!
Lorri
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Female Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Empty Re: Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan

Post by NaomiM Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 am

Looks like blue transfer print that's been coloured in with broad brush strokes. Difficult to say when they were made because they are still being made, but better quality control means they are no longer wonky. I wouldn't expect there to be any crazing even if they were 19th century. These may be from the 1920s.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-16

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan  Empty Re: Asian Styled Ginger jars - modern Taiwan

Post by Potty Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Not very old, far east, 1990's is probably about right.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:07 pm

Similar ones turn up in the local charity shops with Made in Taiwan stickers on them.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they were dollar store pieces but I don't thinks it's transfer print . It's hand painted possibly by one of the less talented artists on too much adderall. I'm looking at the pictures I took and they are some of the lousier ones I've snapped. Thanks for the feedback all...have a good night to all still up
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Female Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:38 pm

I had a pair of vases with a louping blue pattern on them which were hand done. They were modern, made in Taiwan.
I thought transfer printed on yours because the hearts around the neck in the third picture don't meet up, which indicates a misaligned transfer print.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum