Wine Goblet/Cup - Japanese. Arita?

2 posters

Go down

Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  Empty Wine Goblet/Cup - Japanese. Arita?

Post by Flintztone October 24th 2013, 6:37 pm

I have no idea where to begin with this lovely looking wine cup with gold inlay.   Uncertain if the marking is Chinese or Japanese.   I have compared it to some of the oriental pieces I do have and think it maybe made out of porcelain or bone.  It's got a very high ring tone and the quality of the decoration and glaze is very good.   I first thought it was glass, until I looked at the bottom.  I'm still currently searching for any clues, but not found anything yet.  

Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  113 Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  213  Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  313  Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  413 Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  513  Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  613
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  Empty Re: Wine Goblet/Cup - Japanese. Arita?

Post by Redware October 26th 2013, 1:29 pm

What about one of the Arita Kilns in Japan? Looks Japanese to me, try to look up Arita Imari wine cups/goblets. The shape and decoration looks right, not sure about the mark but there is a good chance it's one of them.
Redware
Redware

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Wine Goblet/Cup  - Japanese. Arita?  Empty Re: Wine Goblet/Cup - Japanese. Arita?

Post by Redware October 26th 2013, 1:31 pm

I think yours is called "singing bird on the mountain" Happy 
Redware
Redware

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2012-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone October 27th 2013, 5:20 pm

Thanx for your info.   Since your info. I manage to speak to the previous owner and they have confirmed that it is Japanese.   Through your information I was able to find several sites that does provide information regarding this cup, or should I say, cups like it. The markings to the base is similar to one shown in one of these sites in the top right hand corner of the page (in Black).

shobido-honten.com en top.html

flickr.com/photos/ejc-travel/4665587151/
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum