Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze

2 posters

Go down

Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze Empty Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze

Post by mhinrichs August 31st 2013, 11:31 pm

Hi - I have another mystery item which I hope can be identified. This is a round, shallow Deco or Streamline Moderne-style handled bowl measuring about 12 inches in diameter. It is marked with a number - 702. It has a matte glaze in teal blue similar to those seen on McCoy pieces. Any idea as to which company made this and the date? I'm also wondering if it had a matching cover. I can't find very many instances of companies that used only a number as a backstamp.

Pictures below. Thanks!

Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze Decobo12

Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze Decobo13
mhinrichs
mhinrichs

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-08-15

Back to top Go down

Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze Empty Re: Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze

Post by mhinrichs September 7th 2013, 10:41 pm

No guesses as to what this is? It's a beautiful piece, anyhow.
mhinrichs
mhinrichs

Back to top Go down

Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze Empty Re: Deco-style shallow serving bowl w/teal glaze

Post by NaomiM September 8th 2013, 3:07 pm

Lovely. The only two American factories I know are McCoy and California, but if you're on Facebook there's a group of American collectors who might help. the group's called StudioPotteryCollectors

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31595
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by mhinrichs September 8th 2013, 5:52 pm

NaomiM wrote:Lovely. The only two American factories I know are McCoy and California, but if you're on Facebook there's a group of American collectors who might help. the group's called StudioPotteryCollectors
Thank you. I just sent a request to join that group. I'll keep this thread updated if there's a response.
mhinrichs
mhinrichs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum