HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ?

2 posters

Go down

HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? Empty HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ?

Post by rbjr326 April 7th 2013, 10:27 am

ID - Need everyone's help on this painting. It has just busted my brain trying to research it ... LOL. My guess is dating between 1960 - maybe 80"s. Large size ( 40 x 30 inches ). I cannot find a signiture or initials anywhere - although the panting is very busy it may be hidden in the painting - the backside reveals nothing due to the fact some idiot glued it to the backborad of the frame. The painting is on a sheet of thin plywood paintied first with brush then thin line bright colors that are raised off the painting that highlight & detail accent the subject. It was bought in the South Florida area. I am hoping that with all the knowledge on this site that someone may reconize The Artist , also I would like to know just what the term is for this type of art - is it outsider - surreal - pop art ??? Thanks for everyone's time - knowledge and help on this one. Surrender rbjr326
[img]HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrFull0002_zps16f3922f[/img]
HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrClose1st0001_zps550cacc8
HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrClose1st0002_zpscde4bd30
HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrLcorner0002_zps98a1162f
HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrRcorner0001_zpsb1484cf6
HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrAcrossBottom0001_zpsab9a4912
HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? ArtIrrFullClose0003_zps67da908f[img][/img]
rbjr326
rbjr326

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-01-14

Back to top Go down

HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ? Empty Re: HELP ID ARTIST Modernist Bizarre Nude Painting - surreal outsider pop art ?

Post by Potty April 7th 2013, 8:32 pm

Big Laughter

This is not usually my sort of thing at all... but I really like it.

Seems well painted and I expect it's by someone known.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum