Elisabeth (Lis) Holt

3 posters

Go down

Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Empty Elisabeth (Lis) Holt

Post by skipposal March 3rd 2013, 8:23 pm

My second post is the work of my good friend Lis Holt who works from her home in Riddlesden, near Keighley. She sells her distinctive work through lots of galleries in the north. Mill Bridge Gallery in Skipton usually stock her. She's know for her use of a bright blue dry barium glaze but has branched out in the past few years and now uses some really interesting mixed organic colours. I particularly love her satin green glaze. She hand-builds all her work using T material.

This tall slab-built curved vase was a gift in 2009. Dry barium glaze, wax-resist decoration. 41cm (height).
Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Img_0121
Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Id_no_28

She draws inspiration from the ceramics of early mediterranean cultures. This is one of her green glazed bird-spouted vases that I bought from an open studio event in 2010. Coil built. 12.5cm (height).
Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Img_1710

I'd lusted after one of her large hand-built bowls for ages and finally managed to buy this one. The glaze positively glows! Made in 2008, bought in 2010. Green copper glaze with wax-resist and cobalt lines. White and blue splattered glaze inside. 18cm (height).
Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Img_0510

Finally, a Christmas present last year, one of her 'bird' garden sculptures. Needless to say it will be staying safely indoors. Coil-built. 16.4cm (height)
Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Dsc01914

skipposal
skipposal

Female Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2013-02-07

http://Www.kegriffiths.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Elisabeth (Lis) Holt Empty Re: Elisabeth (Lis) Holt

Post by studio-pots March 3rd 2013, 8:34 pm

Have to say that I am pleased that you have joined climberg64 in posting information about all of these potters from the "far north" that are completely unknown to me.

I have commented to people that I have been in conversation with that during my time running a gallery virtually all of the potters that I exhibited have come from the south and south west of England or Wales. Jim Malone is probably the only exception.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by skipposal March 3rd 2013, 8:43 pm

My pleasure. I am always jealous when I get sent exhibition and open studio invites down in wales and the south west that I can't get to but there are lots of fine potters up here too, we just don't have enough decent galleries selling them so you have to hunt them out.
skipposal
skipposal

Female Number of posts : 598
Registration date : 2013-02-07

http://Www.kegriffiths.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty March 3rd 2013, 9:02 pm

studio-pots wrote:Have to say that I am pleased that you have joined climberg64 in posting information about all of these potters from the "far north" that are completely unknown to me.

I agree Most Excellent

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3672
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum