Still Life Oil Painting

2 posters

Go down

Still Life Oil Painting  Empty Still Life Oil Painting

Post by Flintztone February 6th 2013, 11:03 pm

Any ideas about this painting please? The signature I think is SIMON I have no idea what the details on the back are suppose to mean. I had to carefully steam off the backing paper to reveal this. I don't know if there is any further markings to the back but do not want to take the risk to cause further damage. Your help is appreciated.

[img]Still Life Oil Painting  Oil_pa10[/img]

[img]Still Life Oil Painting  Oil_pa11[/img]

[img]Still Life Oil Painting  Oil_pa12[/img]

[img]Still Life Oil Painting  Oil_pa13[/img]

[img]Still Life Oil Painting  Oil_pa14[/img]
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Still Life Oil Painting  Empty Re: Still Life Oil Painting

Post by NaomiM February 6th 2013, 11:10 pm

I suspect the note on the back is from, or to, the picture framer and the previous owner, rather than about the painter.
It looks a fairly amateurish piece. Probably churned out for tourists visiting Spain or Italy, &/or shipped over from China. In which case the value is in subject matter and technical proficiency, rather than the name of the painter.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31550
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone February 7th 2013, 12:01 am

NaomiM wrote:It looks a fairly amateurish piece. .............In which case the value is in subject matter and technical proficiency, rather than the name of the painter.

Oh! I was more interested in who painted it rather than value. The painting has been in the family for over 30 years and was just curious as to who the painter was. With regards being amateurish, I'm an ameteur painter, but could not paint to that standard. In fact the pictures don't really do it any justice. It looks a lot better than the pictures taken. If an ameteur has painted this, they certainly have done a very good job.

Compared to some of the landscape paintings I do have, that's if you can compare it to landscape paintings, then yes, I do see what you might mean. I will have to post some of these at a later date and await your opinion. Happy
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum