Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt?

4 posters

Go down

Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt? Empty Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt?

Post by Flintztone January 21st 2013, 6:52 pm

Hello, I'm trying to find if this person is the 17th president of the United States of Columbia. The artists impressions I have managed to find on google search do bare similarities. These are the only pictures I do have at the moment.

[img]Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt? Ezequi10[/img]

[img]Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt? Ezequi11[/img]
Flintztone
Flintztone

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2012-12-09

Back to top Go down

Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt? Empty Re: Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt?

Post by NaomiM January 21st 2013, 7:04 pm

Looks like a Christian/Church/Catholic subject. Such paintings are popular in Catholic countries like Mexico and Spain.
Very much doubt it's a president of any country.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31550
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt? Empty Re: Hurthdo or Hurtado Oil Painting on Felt?

Post by Flintztone January 21st 2013, 7:29 pm

That is likely. I do have pictures extracted from some sites I have visited and the portraits do look very much the same. I did not post these as I am not sure It would be permitted. I will post them if it is o.k. to do so.

Thanx for you help
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by skay January 21st 2013, 8:14 pm

No, sorry Flintztone only your own pictures please.

https://www.20thcenturyforum.com/t472-copyright-issues-and-using-this-forum

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3351
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 21st 2013, 8:20 pm

You can mention the keyword search, so people can google them themselves.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots January 21st 2013, 8:22 pm

I assume that you are talking about the United States of Colombia (1863-1886) and Ezequiel Hurtado Hurtado, who was not President but 1st Designate in charge of the Executive in the absence of the President from 1st April 1884 until 11th August 1884?

The name at the bottom of your picture will be the name of the painter and not the subject. The name is Spanish and I suspect Naomi is correct.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone January 22nd 2013, 1:02 am

Thanx! Skay.

Hello studio_pots, I only got the info. from typing in, Ezequiel hurtado president of columbia in google search. It appears that the info. is not very clear now you've explained this. I have looked on the Wikipedia site - List of columbian presidents and your info. is correct. There also is a portrait in black and white further down that page. This portrait along with others I have seen does look very similar to mine with obvious age difference. Could it be that it was a Spanish person with the name Hurtado, that painted a portrait of Ezequel Hurtado?

Spanish Signature it is! It is very well painted and now protected in glass. I will now concentrate my area around the subjects NaomiM has mentioned. The only problem is, they appears to be a lot of Hurtado painters. Laughter
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM January 22nd 2013, 7:44 am

I think it's more likely to be Saint Peter. If you search on saint peter painting in google images you'll see similar images.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flintztone January 24th 2013, 1:52 am

Oh! I would never of thought of that. On the google site I typed in Guido Reni Saint Peter. Your information has most certainly sent me on another trail now. Happy Thank you ever so much NaomiM. I have spent the last few hours viewing these sites and I do see what you mean. I managed to find a portrait print that does bare similarities. My search is now trying to find out about the painter 'Hurtado'. Nothing to gone on yet, but hope I will have some good leads, soley based on your information. Thanx again! Most Excellent
Flintztone
Flintztone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum