Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it!

3 posters

Go down

Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it! Empty Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it!

Post by Pottery101Web December 13th 2012, 11:04 pm

Hey all,

I got two paintings here.

The first one is by a Berkley artist named Gina Papen. She is still alive and I found a little info on her. But I cannot find any info on what the value of these are, since I cannot find any of them for sale. This painting was done in 96'

The second painting is either Japanese or Chinese, but I cannot read the marks on it!

If you have any info! Pls lmk. I reallly appreciate it!

Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it! Photo-14

Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it! Photo-15

Thanks again!

Web
Pottery101Web
Pottery101Web

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it! Empty Re: Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it!

Post by NaomiM December 13th 2012, 11:13 pm

It's best to post one item per thread.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31561
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it! Empty Re: Two paintings - Pls help with any info! Really appreciate it!

Post by Pottery101Web December 13th 2012, 11:14 pm

Sorry about that. Should I delete it and redo it?
Pottery101Web
Pottery101Web

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 13th 2012, 11:18 pm

I expect a moderator will be along at some point to sort it out.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pottery101Web December 13th 2012, 11:18 pm

yeeesh. Sorry again. :(
Pottery101Web
Pottery101Web

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 13th 2012, 11:24 pm

Chinese pictures like the flower are being pumped out by their hundreds, if not thousands, each week, so value is based on their size and decorative value - it would be worth more if it was nicely framed.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pottery101Web December 14th 2012, 1:03 am

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. Just trying to figure out what all this stuff is. Cleaning up a basement due to an illness in the family and going through all of this stuff! Really helps! I appreciate it!
Pottery101Web
Pottery101Web

Back to top Go down

Post by studio-pots December 14th 2012, 8:49 am

Sales of artists work at auctions, even fairly obscure ones around the world, is collected by organizations such as artnet.com and these give an artist "an auction record" that is useful in determining the real value of an artist's work at any given time.

Gina Papen does not appear to have any such record so there isn't really any way of determining value. There is a value that an artist or a gallery selling the artist's work might put on a painting like yours but that is what they think that they might sell it for. It really is a guess and maybe no more educated that yours - it's what you can get for it.

To give you an example a friend of mine bought a painting directly from an artist for £300 and about a year later wanted to sell it. He couldn't find a buyer privately and decided to put it in auction. It took several auctions to sell and eventually he got a cheque from the auction house for £5. He's framed the cheque rather than cash it, as a reminder.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 7813
Registration date : 2011-02-17

http://www.studio-pots.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pottery101Web December 17th 2012, 6:27 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate it!
Pottery101Web
Pottery101Web

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum