Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something

3 posters

Go down

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Empty Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something

Post by sunnyices2 December 11th 2012, 10:53 pm

all i can tell you is that is painted on board... forgotten i had this painted on till today i was going throw some stuff i have contacted over the years...am not sure if it is a painting or print but there is a signature on it ... all opinion accepted thanks :)

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Img-2129

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Img-2130

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Img-2131

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Img-2132

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Img-2133

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Img-2134
sunnyices2

Male Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Empty Re: Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something

Post by NaomiM December 11th 2012, 11:34 pm

Arno Lemke.

There are auction prices for his paintings on-line if you google: Arno Lemke artist.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31553
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something Empty Re: Is this a period painting or print? signed AINO KICH something

Post by NaomiM December 11th 2012, 11:37 pm

As for whether it's a painting or a print that's been over painted with varnish, look for pixel-type break up of the image under a magnifying glass, as that will indicate a print - difficult to do it via a photo but it does appear to be a print that's been over painted with varnish.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 11th 2012, 11:42 pm

... a faded print. Lemke's pictures are more colourful on google images, where as this looks very faded. If this is an oil painting (hence the need to varnish) then one wouldn't expect the colours to be so dingy, even if it was covered in a yellowed and dirty varnish.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty December 12th 2012, 1:33 am

Only just say this thread, Naomi is right, it's a print that's had varnish brushed on to deceive people into thinking it's a painting.

You can see this in the pictures by the way the "brush strokes" look and the way they reflect the light.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3674
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnyices2 December 12th 2012, 9:10 am

thanks potty and thanks naomim yes it is a varnish i tried to give it a clean and realize it is varnish to keep the print intact :)
sunnyices2

Male Number of posts : 822
Registration date : 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 12th 2012, 11:23 am

My husband's grandmother had a large, badly faded, print of John Constable's Salisbury Cathedral with a similar layer of varnish over the top. To her dying day she swore it was an oil painting. Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum