MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings"

3 posters

Go down

MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings" Empty MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings"

Post by lorrgeno December 2nd 2012, 7:08 pm

Hi hope your all having a good weekend.
I need to ID this oil painting ASAP
The painting looks like it's signed by "Thompson" I think but this is the stamp on the frame. I did a google search looking for the shop but don't know if it even is around any more.
Thank you in advance
MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings" Img_3013MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings" Img_3015i=41&u=17854708]MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings" Img_3014[/url]
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Female Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings" Empty Re: MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings"

Post by dantheman December 2nd 2012, 7:31 pm

looks to be a painting of the East Anglian fens

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15421
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings" Empty Re: MUST ID this oil painting from "John Branch Paintings"

Post by lorrgeno December 2nd 2012, 7:41 pm

dantheman wrote:looks to be a painting of the East Anglian fens

Dantheman...I honestly don't know if your joking. Can you explain a bit further? I'm a Yank from Flori-duh and never heard of "East Anglian fens"
Thank you
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno December 2nd 2012, 7:42 pm

never mind...reading about it now....
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by dantheman December 2nd 2012, 7:48 pm

Excellent

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15421
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno December 2nd 2012, 7:50 pm

I think you're 100% right! I found an old print online with the old windmill and to the side there is also a stone bridge! How exciting....thank you so much for guiding me in the right direction.
Now if I can ID the artist it would be perfection Happy
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 2nd 2012, 8:21 pm

Looks to be the work of a keen amateur. There are many local painting clubs in the UK and this artist was probably a members of one of them.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31561
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno December 2nd 2012, 10:24 pm

NaomiM wrote:Looks to be the work of a keen amateur. There are many local painting clubs in the UK and this artist was probably a members of one of them.

Thanks for your reply.. Interesting area of the UK much like our own swampy Fl. Can you tell me if if the names under John Branch are the names of cities or street names ?
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM December 2nd 2012, 10:40 pm

It's his full address, ie:
House name
Street name
Town name
County
Post code (like your Zip code)
Phone number.

You could write him a letter, enclosing a picture of the painting, in the hope he still lives there or they have his forwarding address.

Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 31561
Registration date : 2012-05-15

http://bispm.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by lorrgeno December 3rd 2012, 1:23 am

Thank you very much....I appreciate your ( and everyones help) help. I will drop him a line and see if he is still around
lorrgeno
lorrgeno

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum