Roger Guerin stamp marks identification

3 posters

Go down

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification Empty Roger Guerin stamp marks identification

Post by tburke99 October 18th 2012, 2:14 pm

Hi.........I was hoping someone could provide more information on the black ink stamp "BFS" applied to the base of the Guerin vase.  Did he do work for department stores other retail outlets and this is representative of one of the outlets?  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification ArtNouveauVase2_Bottom_zps5ce3ffe4
tburke99
tburke99

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-10-17

Back to top Go down

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification Empty Re: Roger Guerin stamp marks identification

Post by dantheman October 18th 2012, 3:43 pm

may we see the vase please?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15423
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification Empty Guerin Vase with overlay

Post by tburke99 October 21st 2012, 12:09 am

Hi..........Sorry about that.  I should have added them at the start.  Both have floral overlay and are about 9" tall.  The overlay looks to be pewter since one of the stems moved very easily.  I have two almost matching vases.  Both are same stoneware design with some variation of the floral overlay.

Here are pictures of the one.

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification ArtNouveauVase2_Back_zpsacb7a56c

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification ArtNouveauVase2_zpsc8eb381a

Any information would be appreciated as I haven't found much in the way of information on Guerin or the floral overlay designs.

Thanks!
tburke99
tburke99

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-10-17

Back to top Go down

Roger Guerin stamp marks identification Empty Re: Roger Guerin stamp marks identification

Post by dantheman October 21st 2012, 3:10 pm

I haven't seen that overlay on Guerin pottery before but there isn't much info available online at the moment

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 15423
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by redscorpi December 25th 2012, 9:28 pm

Actually their are 2 books with info about Guerin. 'Au gré du grès de l'art nouveau à l'art déco / Musée le Clockarium (French and Dutch) and the second book is 'Sel et feu' / Marianne Fauconnier, Jean-Claude Migeot (French). In the second book you can find some pictures from vases with pewter overlay. Not so many on the market because Guerin preferred the vases with wrought ironwerk.
link to the clockarium museum:
http://www.clockarium.org/index.htm
redscorpi
redscorpi

Female Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum