Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please.

Go down

Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please. Empty Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please.

Post by treasure.hunter.D on June 9th 2012, 5:25 pm

Hi,

I picked this up yesterday and it is absolutely stunning to see in person. It is 2 tone turquoise with a black rim edge on the ruffled rim. It's about 7" tall and 8" wide at its widest point and is quite heavy for something of that size. It has the look and feel of hand made art glass for sure but I have had no luck finding anything like it listed in all the spots a I have looked. It looks like a lot of things that Fenton made but I went through their catalogs and couldn't see an identical one.

Any help with the id would be greatly appreciated. thank-you.

Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please. Img_8010
Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please. Img_8012

I mistakenly called this rim fluted instead of ruffled. Brain was thinking ruffled and hands typed fluted, lol. Corrected now.

treasure.hunter.D
treasure.hunter.D

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-05-25

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/treasure.hunter.d/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=

Back to top Go down

Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please. Empty Re: Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please.

Post by fatlava.eu on June 26th 2012, 9:49 pm

Hi!

If you google with "fazzoletto murano" you will find a lot of these vases.
Fazzoletto means handkerchief :-)

Regards
Micha
fatlava.eu
fatlava.eu

Male Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2011-06-06

http://www.fatlava.eu

Back to top Go down

Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please. Empty Re: Turquoise Art Glass Ruffled Rim Vase, Fenton? Help with the ID please.

Post by NaomiM on June 26th 2012, 10:28 pm

fatlava.eu wrote:Hi!

If you google with "fazzoletto murano" you will find a lot of these vases.
Fazzoletto means handkerchief :-)

Regards
Micha

There are a lot of handkerchief/fazzoletto vases, but I'm not convinced this is a Murano one. There are similar vases to this on ebay selling for less than £10, compared to the more obvious Murano ones selling for a lot more.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21023
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treasure.hunter.D on June 27th 2012, 8:07 am

Thanks for the help guys. I'm also undecided on this one. I just returned from a few days in Boston and while there I happened to be in a Target and saw a vase very similar to this with a "Made in China" sticker on it. Now it was similar and not exact, the main difference being the weight as mine is much heavier and the glass from mine has a different feel to it, so I am going now to take a look at your search suggestion fatlava and see what conclusion I can come to.

Thanks again.
treasure.hunter.D
treasure.hunter.D

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-05-25

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/treasure.hunter.d/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum