deco? vase

2 posters

Go down

deco? vase Empty deco? vase

Post by bistoboy June 2nd 2012, 10:14 pm

deco? vase Dscf0328

deco? vase Dscf0329

loved the shape of this vase and the white spots within the green glass. Polished based with no markings that i can see. The shape looks deco to me. Would like to hear your views on country/ maker / date and also is there a name for the technique used to put those opaque spots in it?


Male Number of posts : 1638
Location : portsmouth
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Back to top Go down

deco? vase Empty Re: deco? vase

Post by NaomiM June 2nd 2012, 11:40 pm

My first thought is AVeM, but that usually has gold/metallic-flecked glass inclusions/chips.
Technique is they take a molten glob of glass and roll it in a pre-selected mixture of coloured glass chips, then reheat so the chips melt, then shape it.

Female Number of posts : 30272
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum