Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom.

Go down

Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom. Empty Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom.

Post by treasure.hunter.D on May 31st 2012, 6:17 pm

Hi,

I'm pretty much a pottery and china guy so glass is a mystery to me. I picked this piece up cheap at auction and would love to know who made it, when etc. The only mark on it is an "L" on the bottom. The "L" is incised very roughly in the bottom and I couldn't get it to show up in a pic unfortunately.Thanks in advance for any help.

Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom. Img_7828
treasure.hunter.D
treasure.hunter.D

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-05-25

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/treasure.hunter.d/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=

Back to top Go down

Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom. Empty Re: Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom.

Post by NaomiM on May 31st 2012, 6:27 pm

Looks like a Chinese import. Maybe one like this? -

http://www.okokchina.com/p/Glass-Vase/Glass-colorful-vase-with-clear-spiral-461349.html

Last edited by Nic on May 31st 2012, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Photo removed for copyright reasons)
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21329
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom. Empty Re: Hand Blown Orange Glass Vase with Clear Spiral, "L" on bottom.

Post by treasure.hunter.D on May 31st 2012, 7:30 pm

Ya I found that pic as well in exactly the same web page, lol, however there was no mention of any mark. That's why I was thinking something else but Glass is a mystery to me. Thanks for the input :{)=
treasure.hunter.D
treasure.hunter.D

Back to top Go down

Post by NaomiM on May 31st 2012, 7:33 pm

Seriously dude, I don't mind searching for you, but if you've already found it, (especially if it's crap 'made in china' stuff), then I'm just wasting my time. Use a bit of common sense, here.
NaomiM
NaomiM
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 21329
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by treasure.hunter.D on May 31st 2012, 8:38 pm

Sorry but I didn't think it was the same vase as it is not an exact match and mine is marked and there is no mention of a mark on those or a manufacturer or artist name starting with L. So I didn't believe they were the same, hence my request for help. I'm not in the habit of wasting anyone's time. I would think what I just stated was obvious so I'm pretty sure the hostile response was unwarranted.
treasure.hunter.D
treasure.hunter.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty on May 31st 2012, 9:16 pm

NaomiM wrote:Seriously dude, I don't mind searching for you, but if you've already found it, (especially if it's crap 'made in china' stuff), then I'm just wasting my time. Use a bit of common sense, here.

This is not warranted, it does not appear to be an exact match, usually this "crap 'made in china' stuff" is based on something similar, often by well known (valuable) makers.

treasure.hunter.D please always provide a base picture when posting an item for I.D., even when an item is unmarked.

Potty
Potty

Number of posts : 3414
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic on May 31st 2012, 9:24 pm

I thought brand new and made in China before scrolling down to the link. It's fairly undesigned and quite crudely executed - likely too much for it to be a studio piece or warrant the effort of signing.

The 'signature' could be a later addition by an over-zealous Dremel owner - or it could perhaps even an incidental scratch or natural by-product of the manufacturing process (I've seen signatures that weren't actually there many times!).

Laughter

If you want to increase your chances of getting a clear shot of the markings, try rubbing talcum powder into it to make it more pronounced before photographing.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by treasure.hunter.D on June 10th 2012, 5:13 pm

Nic wrote:I thought brand new and made in China before scrolling down to the link. It's fairly undesigned and quite crudely executed - likely too much for it to be a studio piece or warrant the effort of signing.

The 'signature' could be a later addition by an over-zealous Dremel owner - or it could perhaps even an incidental scratch or natural by-product of the manufacturing process (I've seen signatures that weren't actually there many times!).

Laughter

If you want to increase your chances of getting a clear shot of the markings, try rubbing talcum powder into it to make it more pronounced before photographing.

thanks, will give that a whirl. I'm still working on that piece as well as some others. Having a bit of time off work has turned into work, lol...

cheers
treasure.hunter.D
treasure.hunter.D

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum