1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by geheime geschiedenis on April 9th 2012, 4:11 pm

and it was cheap as chips. oh thats right i just remembered and glad i did mods, i will upload then bring her over, not going to end this till i bring it over.
thanks, remember no chinese, me speaka italiano.

18.5tall
6 across and
length 7.5 cms its definitley cased some light pastels, didnt look like the mazzy, i thought it was murano the weight its not signed and it seemed early, I didnt have my book with me i could not just look it up, i got it for like 4.00 quid, its not too heavy mind like some of that new mazzy stuff. I mean it may be before poli, it just looked like poli and i asked the man where he got it and he said someone traded him this for a bag of rice. so i said oke, how much was the bag of rice and he said 50k kyats welli was getting 1000-1 basically, so i offered him 5.00 usd, us dollars is still king in burma, but with the dollar being not so good it worked out 3,86-4.00 quid plus i had too bring it home and make sure i didnt get busted by hmrc at manchester for importing a 2,000.00 euro vaso. I know its not that, but if it was poli it could be 250.00 maybe. I liked it and thats whats important. maybe for the americanis on tonight i will look at this this week, and get some nice pieces for everyone to share in.

again good too be back, and thanks again for any tribs, to this piece.

ciao mein

gsm 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  7062496899_8683a32a77_o1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  7062497055_16d71be161_z
geheime geschiedenis
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Age : 56
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by Davee on April 9th 2012, 11:48 pm

Looks like a piece of Caithness to me, think its called Oban Shrugs

_________________
skay wrote: Happy Let's do some bumping please.
Davee
Davee
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2161
Age : 49
Location : West Mids UK
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by geheime geschiedenis on April 10th 2012, 2:01 pm

You know its funny davee you say that because i got a piece of limegreen not uranium glass and is clearly caithness, but the weight and the totally style is not caithness i just guess you have to hold it touch it, smell it , look at it, for your alloted amount of time and make a decision, i didnt have all day to make a decision, but i do not have a caithness reference, did you have a refernce page or a plate number for this piece, or was that a wild guess, as its better then chinese. I have some caithness fish paper weights that were recently valued at way more then i ever thought they would be, got to get the insurance right.

thanks davee
geheime geschiedenis
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Age : 56
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty i saw the lamp thread, good call, however, im still looking for the exact

Post by geheime geschiedenis on April 10th 2012, 2:08 pm

Davee wrote:Looks like a piece of Caithness to me, think its called Oban Shrugs

i wish i had the dimensions including the weight on those lamps that lamp thread was dead on no label for me or i would have shown it, but good call never the less, again i really will look into this oban, glass i really should have moved this piece to the glass area, if a mod wants too, ooke by me. I also will list a piece of porcelain i need some help on, but will have to wait as the uk jet lag is hitting me hard today, and im cream crackered.


gsm Sleep
geheime geschiedenis
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Age : 56
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by skay on April 10th 2012, 2:13 pm

Happy Moved for you gsm. You get some rest and come back tomorrow Jumping For Joy

I think Davee's right 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  847164

xx

_________________
Nic wrote:A WMF lady exposes her breasts at me every morning when I open the curtains

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit


22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by skay on April 10th 2012, 2:19 pm

Yes, I meant I'm sure Davee's right 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  847164

xx

_________________
Nic wrote:A WMF lady exposes her breasts at me every morning when I open the curtains

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit


22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Location : England
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty stop presssssss

Post by geheime geschiedenis on April 10th 2012, 3:17 pm

skay wrote:Yes, I meant I'm sure Davee's right 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  847164

xx


i must have the gods on my shoulder, mr mark hill has come onto me for helping him with a small issue, says it may not be his fathers or mr orr, the height is 18.5 seems oban pieces even the jambone pieces were 170, 180 190 etc, so Mr Hill has decided that in the nect two weeks on his way to birmingham to shoot a tv pieces he will pull into my shop and give it the old 1, 2, 3, let see. Im intrigued.
hmmmmmmm
whos right,
who has the eye, remeber its not just the eye, its the weight, the touch, and i love to touch.

will keep this thread alive.



till then i will also video these interview, and if davee gets a purple heart then i will make sure he gets it, if not it will not be me, but mr hill again with the clutch, appraisal.


im so excited, skay girl you would swing with the right side any day of the week, so glad your not a politician..


grappig


gggg Smush
geheime geschiedenis
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Age : 56
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by geheime geschiedenis on April 10th 2012, 3:34 pm

i must admit that first ebay for 3,27 someone got a steal even with ship unless its chipped didnt seem to be, also i notice two things, the bubbles in the clear part i seem to have more, that orr piece had the same type of cassing, but again the base seemed to be riddled with waves where my piece i need better pics and will do some of it laying long ways, it makes a difference, then again the height. I need a caitheness orr book, and i need a murano it doesnt seem to be that valuable,m but pieces are vert very attractive. Im not always about money. They can be 40 p but still its art, and i love art. i said it first davee spot on when i say that lamp thread, but when mark hill had his book opened i just took a peek inside, and charles orr and oboiyns art was very close to this also same era, it really wil have to be decided by an expert. if not it stays as an ex poli ex oban caithness piece till i get my reference and find the height weight everythign about it, the casing i see so much copying, if the chinese could copy it then the scottish as good at glass as they were could copy murano, mazzy set, all the rest of it without batting an eye, i thin i just got my second wind, wife i asking me to go to sleep now. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
geheime geschiedenis
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Age : 56
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by Christine on April 17th 2012, 8:18 am

It's definitely Caithness Oban
Christine
Christine

Female Number of posts : 404
Age : 103
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-02-03

http://www.lustrousstone.co.uk

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by Davee on April 17th 2012, 8:38 am

Christine wrote:It's definitely Caithness Oban

Thanks Christine, I was starting to question my sanity.

_________________
skay wrote: Happy Let's do some bumping please.
Davee
Davee
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2161
Age : 49
Location : West Mids UK
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty chewing my hat,,,,, pass the mustard please

Post by geheime geschiedenis on April 17th 2012, 10:52 am

Davee wrote:
Christine wrote:It's definitely Caithness Oban

Thanks Christine, I was starting to question my sanity.


Dear Greg,
Many thanks for your long and informative email and apologies for the delay in replying as I was out of my office and then at a large antiques fair.
The tile is English, and one of my blog readers noticed that the ridges on the back are moulded with both Minton and Prosser wording, confirming the country of manufacture and company. I have so far drawn a blank as to the designer, although I have been told that it is not Pugin. I would visit the Minton archive to see who designed it, but it is currently being held by Bonhams the auctioneers pending a possible sale, so that it not possible. I'll continue to research it and see where that takes me.
As regards the vase images you sent, they all look like Charles Orr's 'Oban' design for Caithness to me. I am not aware of any pieces designed by Flavio Poli that use those colours, that pattern, and that form. I hope this helps.
Once again, many thanks for taking the time to reply,
Kind regards,


Mark Hill
Consultant, Author & Publisher
Antiques & Collectables



SWALLOW..... GULP....... NEXT HAT PLEASE!!!!!! Surrender Surrender Surrender Embarrassed
geheime geschiedenis
geheime geschiedenis

Male Number of posts : 21
Age : 56
Location : UK
Registration date : 2011-05-28

Back to top Go down

1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites  Empty Re: 1st of all I go this piece because it had no flea bites, no mosqitoe bites

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum