deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or??

Go down

deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or?? Empty deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or??

Post by PenZen on February 24th 2012, 11:46 pm

hello, this is my 1st post so forgive me if this is not as clear as it could be!
I purchased this lovely clear & deep red vase from a vinnies store on the north shore. I have included a photo of the remnants of the label and the vase. the top is flat, the very bottom is flat.
it measures almost 21cm height and at its widest point near the base almost 7 1/2cm accross.
I thought it may have been kosta boda as looks like their designs or swedish/scandanavian glass. not being a glass expert, just in love with red hoping you can help out there. thanks Pen Jumping For Joy Photobucket" alt="" />
[url=Photobucket]remants of the label[/url]
PenZen
PenZen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or?? Empty Re: deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or??

Post by Nic on February 25th 2012, 12:54 am

Whitefriars 'Teardrop' vase - Australia, by all accounts, had quite a love affair with their Ruby-coloured glass so much ended up there.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or?? Empty Re: deep red & clear glass vase kosta boda or??

Post by PenZen on February 25th 2012, 1:08 am

gosh that was quick - thank you!
I gather whitefriars is a good brand and it would be valued at approx $60? I have no plans to sell it but always good to know something about your treasures.
PenZen
PenZen

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee on February 25th 2012, 12:08 pm

pattern No 9571, a very common shape and colour in the UK so prices are very low, check ebay for a guide.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2161
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum