1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist?

Go down

1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Empty 1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist?

Post by Art Lover on December 17th 2011, 9:52 am

I recently purchased this large drawing for a calendar. I think that this is early 1900's. Pencil, charcoal and pastels on paper. Unfortunately not signed, but very very well done. Does anyone have any idea who the artist may be? Or could anyone give me any leads on researching the piece? Thanks![img]1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Dutch_15[/img][img]1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Dutch_16[/img][img]1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Dutch_17[/img][img]1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Dutch_18[/img]
Art Lover
Art Lover

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Empty Re: 1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist?

Post by dantheman on December 17th 2011, 4:27 pm

the Dutch would spell it kalender so that's my first theory out of the window,I love the scene though and found it intriguing.

possibly done by a homesick Dutch immigrant?

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 14594
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist? Empty Re: 1900s Calendar Art, Any help in identifying the artist?

Post by Davee on December 18th 2011, 10:34 pm

It has a look of Charles Robinson about it, brother of William Heath Robinson. Its definately of his period though.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2193
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Lover on December 19th 2011, 12:32 am

Thanks Davee, I'll do some research!
Art Lover
Art Lover

Male Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum