Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe?

Go down

Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe? Empty Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe?

Post by nickbug on November 6th 2011, 4:43 pm

Hi

Returning after a bit of an enforced absence. Nice to be back. I wondered if anyone could help identifying either of these please? The blue vase is 20cm tall. The bottom diameter is approx 6.5cm and the top diameteris approx 9cm. Quite a bit of wear to the underside so it's maybe been around a while. I was thinking Riihimaki maybe but haven't found anything the same yet although I'm sure I've seen it before.

The chunky and very heavy vase is approc 14.5cm tall. Not sure how best to measure the top or bottom because of the shape. It looks a bit amber in the photo but it's an odd colour in reality a sort of light brown possibly? There are quite a lot of 'speckles' within the glass. Anyway I am guessing it is Czech but would like to know for sure.

Any help much appreciated. They cost only £1 each.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
nickbug
nickbug

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe? Empty Re: Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe?

Post by Davee on November 6th 2011, 5:33 pm

The blue one is a Tamara Aladin design for Riihimaki, produced between 1971 and 76. It's one of the Tulppaani (Tulip) range of vases pattern No 1514. The brown vase is Sklo Union, when I have a little more time later I will find the designer and manufacturer.

Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 2161
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe? Empty Re: Help Please. 2 Recently Purchased Glass Vases. Czech 7 Finnish Maybe?

Post by Davee on November 6th 2011, 5:34 pm

Could you list each ID request individually if possible. It makes it easier to sort later. Happy

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbug on November 6th 2011, 7:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the information. Looks like I was on the right track then.

Sorry about putting them together. I will remember for the future.

Is that Skunk from Skunk anansie?
nickbug
nickbug

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbug on November 6th 2011, 8:12 pm

That should have been Is that Skunk from Skunk anansie on your avatar?
nickbug
nickbug

Back to top Go down

Post by Davee on November 6th 2011, 8:33 pm

I think it should have been 'Is that Skin from Skunk anansie on your avatar?'

and the answer is yes.

Consultant
Consultant

Back to top Go down

Post by nickbug on November 6th 2011, 10:25 pm

Thought so. Brings back a few memories.
nickbug
nickbug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum