2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck

Go down

2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck Empty 2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck

Post by emmysparrow on September 15th 2011, 2:09 am

Hi all.
I have had these two vases for ages and have no idea of their origin. I purchased them on seperate occasions from estate sales. They both feature the same three lobed neck opening, however one is pulled open petal style and the other left as is. They both have a very fine latticino effect and are cased (one in clear glass, the other in pale blue) with a flat polished base. They are not signed. They measure 14 & 16.5 cm tall.

2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck Dscn5811

2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck Dscn5812

Last edited by Nic on September 15th 2011, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Chnage of title.)
emmysparrow
emmysparrow

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-02-01

Back to top Go down

2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck Empty Re: 2 'Merletto' glass vases with three lobed neck

Post by Nic on September 15th 2011, 12:44 pm

The technique is called 'Merletto', and is created using asbestos netting. 'Latticino', by way of contrast, is made with applied glass threads.

It's not really my area, but I know that Harrachov Glassworks made this kind of glass under the series name 'Harrtil' - other factories made similar wares too, so it's not a guarantee.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum