Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!

Go down

Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!  Empty Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!

Post by Medusa21 on August 30th 2011, 6:42 pm

Hi there,

I found this green glass jug at a junk shop recently and loved the shape so I paid a few quid for it. Don't know anything about glass but am into 50s/60s textiles and recognised this as a retro shape but nothing more than that. The body's a lovely lime green colour with a solid base and white glass interior, as per the pics. The handle looks a darker green, like the base, presumably, though, because there is no white inside that part. Size-wise it's approx 10" tall and around 7" wide at the roundest part. Can anyone help me identify it further and maybe put any kind of value to it? Would be very much obliged.... :-)

Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!  Green_18

Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!  Green_19
Medusa21
Medusa21

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!  Empty Re: Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!

Post by Nic on August 30th 2011, 7:02 pm

There's a very good chance that it was made in the Empoli region of Italy in the 1970s.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!  Empty Re: Retro green glass jug - an ID would be very much appreciated!

Post by Medusa21 on August 31st 2011, 12:31 am

Hi Nic,

Many thanks for that! After your message I went and did some googling only to find one almost exactly the same on an auction site but with a clear, twisted handle instead (prefer mine). Was described as 60s/70s empoli so sounds like you're spot on, thanks again! Any idea what value it might have? Or are they ten-a-penny?
Medusa21
Medusa21

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nic on August 31st 2011, 7:16 am

They're fairly common, and not amazing quality - but they still have some decorative appeal because of the vivid colours.
Nic
Nic
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 2526
Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://www.wilsonandcoleman.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum