2 car boot finds .. help I.D for me please ! (vases)

Go down

2 car boot finds ..  help I.D for me please ! (vases) Empty 2 car boot finds .. help I.D for me please ! (vases)

Post by keramark on August 27th 2011, 12:54 pm

Picked the Green vase up for £4.00, and the Mady vase up for £17.00.
Looks like copper luster !. Could you help I.D them both for me please !. Could you also tell me if i paid too much for the Mady vase !.

Thank you, Alan.

[img]2 car boot finds ..  help I.D for me please ! (vases) Mady_g10[/img]

[img]2 car boot finds ..  help I.D for me please ! (vases) Mady_g11[/img]

[img]2 car boot finds ..  help I.D for me please ! (vases) Mady_g12[/img]
keramark
keramark

Male Number of posts : 326
Registration date : 2011-08-19

Back to top Go down

2 car boot finds ..  help I.D for me please ! (vases) Empty Re: 2 car boot finds .. help I.D for me please ! (vases)

Post by big ed on August 27th 2011, 2:07 pm

well top one looks like murano and the other mady , if you google mady glass , alchemy art comes up
big ed
big ed
Consultant
Consultant

Male Number of posts : 12344
Registration date : 2008-03-22

Back to top Go down

2 car boot finds ..  help I.D for me please ! (vases) Empty Re: 2 car boot finds .. help I.D for me please ! (vases)

Post by fuzzyedges on August 27th 2011, 9:14 pm

Top one looks very much like a Mandruzzato Murano / sommerso Faceted green glass vase
Google that and see what you think
Good buy for £4 if perfect
fuzzyedges
fuzzyedges

Male Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by keramark on August 28th 2011, 2:02 pm

It is absolutely perfik, not a chip or blemish. Cheers for the info ... Excellent
keramark
keramark

Back to top Go down

Post by Potty Primate on August 28th 2011, 7:44 pm

Picked the Green vase up for £4.00, and the Mady vase up for £17.00.
Looks like copper luster !. Could you help I.D them both for me please !. Could you also tell me if i paid too much for the Mady vase !. Thank you, Alan.
I suppose it depends whether you're keeping it or not. If you bought it to keep and don't begrudge the £17.00, then you didn't pay too much. I've been guilty of paying over the odds for something I like, because the object was worth it to me.
On the other hand, I've no idea what your vase is worth on the open-market, so you'll only know if you paid too much or not when you find some price comparisons, or if somebody here who knows about glass can give you a clue.
For what it's worth, it looks like £17.00 well spent to me, I'd have paid that for it.
Potty Primate
Potty Primate

Male Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by skay on August 28th 2011, 8:39 pm

Happy A little bit of a nag here Alan. Please would you post pieces one at a time, so its more easy to archive them if and when you get an ID / answer.

xx

big ed wrote:Burt lancaster spat on me Sad

brin mcardle wrote:Probably no surprise...I love this

Taylor Thomas wrote:Have you got enough quotes Sue?

l33ham180 wrote:the wife wants massive

NaomiM wrote:...didn't even have the excuse it was for charity. Just liked his balls. Cheeky

dantheman wrote:I think it's shit

22 Crawford St. wrote:No one likes clowns.

skay
skay
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3488
Registration date : 2008-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by keramark on August 29th 2011, 12:25 pm

i'll post one at a time from now on mumsy .... lol ... Big Laughter
keramark
keramark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum